I Bet You Care About This…
If you’ve never said a version of the following, then go ahead and archive this email:
- It’s just a bite, it doesn’t matter!
- It’s just one little cookie…
- I’ll eat this, then go to the gym later.
- How many calories could there actually be in here?
- It would be so much healthier to sleep instead of working out right now...
- F*&# it, I don’t care!
I see you. You’re smart. You’re clever. But you already know this about yourself.
WHY ARE YOU NEGOTIATING WITH SOMEONE WHO IS SO TRICKY? I know better than to negotiate with you. You shouldn’t negotiate with you either.
Short and sweet lesson for you this week: If you want to have long term success, you need to identify your “lies told honestly” and have really solid turnarounds.
Here are my simple turn arounds for the bullsh*t stories above:
- It’s just a bite, it doesn’t matter! = This bite turns into 10 more and before I know it, I’ve sabotaged my intention for this meal. How am I going to feel after I eat this? What will I wish I did when I think about this tomorrow morning?
- It’s just one little cookie… = I can’t manage what I don’t measure. I have a boundary of eating two free treats per week. This one little cookie will turn into a weekend of poor decisions because I won’t want to count it. Better off I stick to my original plan.
- I’ll eat this, then go to the gym later. = I don’t want to workout to undo my behaviors, I want to exercise to push me further than food can push me alone.
- How many calories could there actually be in here? = It’s not about the calories, it’s about the pattern of my eating behavior. Am I physically hungry for this? Will this provide me nourishment and help me reach my vision of ultimate health?
- It would be so much healthier to sleep instead of working out right now. = It would have been healthier to stop watching Netflix last night around 10pm. Now I simply need to break the cycle, get up to exercise and go to sleep earlier tonight.
- F*&# it, I don’t care! = Psshhh, not only do I care, but my health and my body rank top of my list!
You have to start training the mind to think the thoughts that support you in getting to that next milestone. Cleanses won’t do it. Diets won’t do it. 30 day challenges certainly won’t do it.
This health “game” is all in the mind, bay-bay. Play to win.
GET MORE WEEKLY LOVIN’ JUST LIKE THIS!
SIGN UP for FREE Updates, and get My Conscious Eating Blueprint + Weight Loss Meditation to stop the yo-yo dieting and finally have the body you deserve!