1 tsp olive oil
6 garlic cloves, smashed slightly
1 1/2 lbs flank steak, cut against the grain into 4 pieces salt and pepper
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup reduced sodium beef broth
1 carrot, chopped
2 bay leaves
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 box gluten free pasta (optional to mix zucchini noodles in)
Cashew Ricotta (check out recipe)
fresh basil for topping
1. In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until golden and lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
2. Season the beef with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Pour the tomatoes and broth over the beef and add the garlic from step one, carrots, bay leaves, and thyme.
3. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours or on low for 8 to 10 hours. Discard the herbs and shred the beef in the pot using 2 forks.
4. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, return to the pot and add the sauce from the slow cooker (optional to mix zucchini noodles in). Increase the heat to high and cook, stirring, until the pasta and sauce are combined, about 1 minute.
5. Divide among 6 bowls and top each with cashew ricotta, and fresh basil. Serve hot!
DID YOU MAKE THIS DISH? SHOW US! #WISDOMSEEKERS