2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp cashews
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cup lime juice
1 tbsp tamari
2 cups chopped kale, no stems
2 tsp sesame or olive oil
2 tsp lime juice
4 cups finely shredded carrots
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
1 cup curry spiced cashews**
1/3 cup cilantro (garnish)
1. Add garlic, cashews and red pepper flakes to a mortar and pestle (or just mince very finely) and crush to make a paste. Then add coconut sugar and crush once more.
2. Add lime juice and tamari and and stir to combine. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more tamari for saltiness, lime juice for acidity, or red pepper flake for spice. Set aside.
3. To a large mixing bowl add kale and drizzle with a bit of olive or sesame oil and lime juice. Massage for 10-15 seconds to soften and remove some of the bitterness.
4. Add shredded carrot, red onion, curried cashews** and cilantro (optional). Then add dressing and toss to coat.
5. Serve immediately. If storing for later, store the cashews and dressing separately to keep fresh. Salad will keep in the refrigerator up to 2 days. Dressing will keep for 5-7 days.
**Find the recipe for curried cashews here! http://nutritionalwisdom.com/recipes/curried-cashews
1/3 of recipe
DID YOU MAKE THIS DISH? SHOW US! #WISDOMSEEKERS