Smelly Farts, Thinning Hair, Funky Nails, Rashes, Dark Under Eye Circles Explained…
IT STARTS AS A WHISPER...
...but if you ignore the warning signs, it will quickly get louder!
The human body is very wise. It first speaks to you in whispers, which may seem like nagging or annoying symptoms. It's telling you that something is not quite right ("my farts smell like rotting death"). If you ignore these whispers, your body's communication will only get louder over time and that can look like debilitating symptoms or disease ("I haven't pooped in three days!" or worse, "I just got diagnosed with leaky gut!").
Of course, there are ALWAYS exceptions to the rule and the only way to know for sure is to test with the help of a professional (Nutritional Wisdom is here for you). Here's the low down on what could be causing your funky symptoms.
Your Nails: think vitamin and mineral deficiency
- White spots: these can signify a zinc deficiency, which means an overall mineral deficiency in the body
- Ridges: this can be due to age, or poor nutrition
- Yellowish nails: can be tied to a fungal infection
- Pitted nails: little craters in your nails can be connected to eczema
- Thin nails: if your nails are thin and peel, this is due to vitamin and mineral deficiency
- Pale nails: can signify anemia
- Missing lunae: do you see the little white moons at the base of your nails? Most people at least have them on their thumbs, but they may be missing on the rest of the fingers. This can be an indicator of low thyroid function.
- Test for fungal infections and vitamin and mineral deficiencies (Reach out to me if you're interested in testing.)
- Women: start supplementing with a high-quality prenatal vitamin and mineral
- Missing lunae in conjunction with thyroid symptoms: test thyroid function using in-depth blood work
Your Hair: think hormonal imbalance
- Excessive hair loss or balding (women): hormonal imbalance and can also be a strong signal for iron deficiencies in pre-menopausal women
- Dandruff: this condition can be linked to a fungal infection in the body
- Excess facial hair (women): too much sugar, caffeine, or stress can send the adrenals into overdrive and increase facial hair
- Check the function of your thyroid and adrenal glands via saliva testing and blood work
- Cut out sugar and caffeine
- Manage stress (peruse my blog for 8 million tips on how to do this)
Your Skin: think gut issues
- Chicken Skin: bumps around the hair follicles on the skin may mean you need to increase your vitamin A and C, zinc, and essential fatty acids
- Fluid retention: especially around the eyes or ankles can signify kidney damage or inadequate thiamine
- Age spots: these are caused by free-radical damage to cells, resulting in accumulation of cellular waste. Avoid processed foods and increase your antioxidants (fruits and veggies!).
- Rosacea (red cheeks): this can be from an allergic response, a vitamin B deficiency, or a sign of low hydrochloric acid in the stomach
- Start supplementing with a high-quality probiotic
- Let us perform a stool analysis to check for parasites, bacteria, and candida
- Address possible food intolerances
- Need a visual? Google image search "candida tongue", 'nuff said
- Yellowish coating: indicates a tired, toxic liver
- White coating: indicates bacteria, fungus or parasites in the gut
- Don't just buy a tongue scraper! Your tongue and gut are connected too. Take a probiotic, drink more water, and look at your tongue every morning and address based on the chart above.
- Dry eyes: you're lacking sparkle if you need omega-3 oils, vitamin A, and zinc.
- Night blindness: difficulty seeing at night? This is associated with vitamin A deficiency.
- Puffy, dark, inflamed, or wrinkles under eye: these can all be allergic reactions or an indicator of kidney problems.
- Sensitivity to bright lights: this is a signal of drained adrenals due to high stress on the body.
- Jittery eyes: thiamine deficiency (common in alcoholics)
Reach out to a professional if any of these issues apply to you. Your body is trying to tell you something and it's better not to wait. As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, my Master Coach Carrie is still running her promotion through the end of June and is offering a $50 savings on her Wellness Starter Program...
GET MORE WEEKLY LOVIN’ JUST LIKE THIS!
SIGN UP for FREE Updates, and get My Conscious Eating Blueprint + Weight Loss Meditation to stop the yo-yo dieting and finally have the body you deserve!