Recipes that are all gluten & dairy free
8 Ingredient Zucchini Lasagna
Recipe by Minimalist Baker
- 3 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 28 oz jar marinara sauce
- 3 large zucchini squash, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add macadamia nuts to a food processor or blender and mix to combine, scraping down sides as needed. You're looking for a fine meal.
- Add remaining ingredients: Nutritional yeast, fresh basil, oregano, lemon juice, olive oil (optional), salt, pepper, water and vegan parmesan cheese (optional). You are looking for a well-puréed mixture/paste.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt and pepper for flavor, nutritional yeast for cheesiness, and lemon juice for brightness.
- Pour about 1 cup marinara sauce into a 9x13-inch (or similar size) baking dish and line with thinly sliced zucchini.
- Scoop small spoonfuls amounts of ricotta mixture over the zucchini and gently spread into a thin layer.
- Spread on a layer of marinara sauce and then top with more zucchini slices.
- Place seam side down in the sauce-lined baking dish.
- Continue until all filling and zucchini are used up.
- The top two layers should be zucchini and then sauce.
- Sprinkle on vegan parmesan cheese (optional), and then cover with foil.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 15 minutes more.
- The zucchini should be very easily pierced when cut with a knife.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
If you want to add meat, cook ground beef or turkey in a sauce pan and add layers as you like!
Posted To: Entree, Vegetarian