Hummus Deviled Eggs
- 6 eggs, hard-boiled and cut lengthwise
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- cumin, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 small jalapeno
- paprika, to taste
- Remove egg yolks from hard boiled eggs (option to incorporate yolks into the hummus for added protein).
- In a food processor or blender, blend chickpeas/white beans, fresh lemon juice (start with 1/2 of the lemon and add more to taste), garlic, EVOO, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, pepper, tahini, jalapeno (optional).
- If you need more liquid, add some room temperature filtered water.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste and season accordingly.
- Place the hummus in a pastry bag (TIP: use a ziploc bag and make a tiny cut into one of the corners) and pipe hummus into the center of the egg.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- There will likely be leftover hummus.
- Serve with your favorite fresh veggies, on top of a salad, or store in fridge for snacks!
12 deviled egg halves
Posted To: Sides, Snacks