Recipes that are all gluten & dairy free
5 Ingredient Cookies
Recipe by modified from Minimalist Baker
We make these cookies regularly because my toddler keeps requesting the healthy cookies! ~ Faith
- 5 dates, soaked for 10 minutes in warm water then drained
- 1 medium banana
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup gluten free oats
- optional mix ins: dairy free chocolate chips, dried cranberries, raisins, nuts
- Add dates to a food processor and pulse until small bits remain.
- Add banana and almond butter and mix again until combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Next add the almond meal and rolled oats and pulse until a loose dough is formed.
- Scrape your dough into a mixing bowl. If it feels too wet to the touch to form into cookies, add another few Tbsp of almond meal and/or oats and stir.
- At this point, you can add in 1/4 cup of your mix-in of choice, such as dairy-free dark chocolate chips, raisins or nuts.
- Then chill dough for 10 minutes and preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Scoop out 1 Tbsp amounts of your cookie dough and form into loose discs, then arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet. They won’t expand so pack them closer together (but not touching).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and somewhat firm to the touch.
- Remove and let set for a few minutes on the pan, then carefully transfer to a plate or cooling rack to cool.
- Serve immediately. Store leftovers in an airtight container for several days. Move to the fridge or freezer for longer term storage.
Posted To: Sweets