Recipes that are all gluten & dairy free
Sausage and Mushroom Stuffed Eggplant
- 1 large eggplant, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 lb pork sausage
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 5-6 basil leaves, chopped
- 2 cups kale or spinach
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Optional diced bell peppers to top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Scoop out the middle of the eggplant and set aside.
- Salt the eggplant "boats", place in a baking dish covered with foil, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dice the eggplant that was scooped out.
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add the garlic.
- Crumble the sausage into the pan and saute until browned.
- Add the mushrooms, tomatoes and diced eggplant.
- Cook for five minutes, then add the greens and continue to cook until the greens are wilted.
- Remove from heat and add the basil and parsley.
- Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Stuff the eggplant boats with the filling.
- Lower the oven to 350 degrees and cook for 10 minutes.
Posted To: Entree