Tex Mex Spaghetti Squash with Black Bean Guacamole
Recipe by Oh She Glows
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground chili pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 avocados, pitted
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed well
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice off the stem of the squash and place the squash cut side down on a cutting board.
- With a knife, carefully slice through the squash lengthwise to create two long halves. Scoop out the seeds and guts.
- Brush some coconut oil onto the squash and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place squash halves cut side down on the baking sheet and roast for 30-50 minutes, depending on how large your squash is.
- When the squash is tender and you can easily scrape the strands with a fork, it's ready.
- Check the squash after 25-30 minutes to make sure you're not over cooking it.
- Be sure not to cook for too long or it will turn mushy.
- While the squash is roasting, prepare the black bean guacamole.
- Mash the avocado flesh in a large bowl.
- Fold in the onion, tomato, drained and rinsed black beans, and cilantro.
- Season to taste with lime juice, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Remove squash from the oven, flip over, and scrape the flesh with a fork in vertical motions.
- Do this until you've scraped all the strands off the skin.
- Now sprinkle on some chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper (as much or as little as you want).
- Top the squash with guacamole and serve warm.
- You can also plate the spaghetti squash, if preferred.
Posted To: Entree, Sides, Vegetarian