Recipes that are all gluten & dairy free
Cranberry Walnut Quinoa Salad
Recipe by Meg Griffith Washburn
- 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Combine quinoa with one cup of water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and continue cooking until all water is absorbed.
- In a medium bowl, combine cooked quinoa, cranberries, walnuts, and green onions until well mixed.
- In a small bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar, oil, and garlic until well-blended.
- Pour over the quinoa mixture and toss until well-blended.
- Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Posted To: Sides, Vegetarian