Almond and Pumpkin Seed Granola
Recipe by Joy the Baker
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup macadamia, cashew or almond butter
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Place two racks in the middle and upper third of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, or grease lightly with oil.
- In a large bowl, toss together oats, nuts and salt.
- In a medium bowl, gently whisk together the melted coconut oil, nut butter and honey.
- Pour the oil mixture over the oats and nuts and stir well. Make sure that every bit of oats and nuts is covered in some of the oil mixture.
- Spread the granola mixture onto the two baking sheets from edge to edge.
- Bake for 15 minutes and carefully remove the pans from the oven to toss and stir the oats. This will ensure that the mixture cooks and browns evenly.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove and stir.
- Repeat until mixture has cooked a total of 30 minutes and the oats are dark and golden.
- Allow to cool completely before tossing in golden raisins and storing in an airtight container.
Posted To: Breakfast, Snacks, Sweets, Vegetarian