Almond “Tuna” Salad
Recipe by Oh She Glows
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, soaked
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp veganaise or Primal Kitchen mayo
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch kelp granules (optional)
- 1/4 medium cucumber, chopped
- fresh salad greens
- Soak almonds in a bowl of water for 3-9 hours until plump.
- Drain and rinse well.
- Add almonds into a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- It should look a bit like flaked tuna.
- Place into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the chopped celery, cucumber, green onion, garlic, mayo, mustard, and lemon into the bowl.
- Stir well to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add a pinch of kelp granules if desired.
- Serve over fresh greens.
- Refrigerate leftover salad for up to 3 days.
Posted To: Entree, Snacks, Vegetarian