Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- chili pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain the can of garbanzo beans in a strainer and rinse with water for a few seconds to clean off the beans.
- Shake and tap the strainer to rid of excess water.
- Lay paper towel on a baking sheet, and spread the beans over.
- Use another paper towel to gently press and absorb the water on the beans.
- Roll the beans around with the paper towel to also remove the thin skin from any of the beans.
- Discard the skins and the paper towels.
- Drizzle the melted coconut oil over the beans and use your hands or a spatula to toss around and coat.
- Season with spices.
- Roast for 30 to 40 minutes until the beans are a deep golden brown and crunchy.
- Make sure that the beans do not burn.
Posted To: Snacks, Vegetarian