Mexican Loaded Potato Skins
- 1 pound grassfed beef (or any meat of your liking)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 bunch scallions
- 3 avocados (mash these up with the juice of 1 lime, cilantro, a jalapeno, salt and pepper OR use store-bought guacamole)
- 3-4 organic russet potatoes or sweet potatoes
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork, rub them with melted coconut oil and place them directly on the oven rack.
- Bake until the skins are crisp and the potatoes can be easily pierced with a knife/fork, about 50 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Turn the oven to broil.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground meat in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the taco seasoning and stir to combine.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out some of the flesh using a spoon.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Place the skins on a baking sheet and top with ground meat.
- Place back in oven to broil for about 1 minute (don't walk away, keep your eyes on the skins).
- Remove from the oven and finish with salsa, scallions, and guac.
Posted To: Entrees, Sides