Recipes that are all gluten & dairy free
Cookie Dough Bites
Recipe by Texan Erin Baking
- 1 1/4 cup canned chickpeas, well-rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond butter (plus 2 additional tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup raw, local honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (at least 70% dark)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the chickpeas to a food processor and process until very smooth.
- Add to a large bowl and combine with the rest of the ingredients. The mixture will be very thick and sticky.
- With wet hands, form into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place onto a a piece of parchment paper. If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls. They don't do much rising.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
Chickpea flour won't work in place of chickpeas.
Posted To: Snacks, Sweets, Vegetarian