- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup canned white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup oats
- 1 pinch red chili flakes
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 medium roasted spaghetti squash
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Place 1/2 tbsp coconut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add eggplant and 1/4 cup water.
- Season with sea salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to food processor.
- Add remaining 1/2 tbsp coconut oil to the skillet with onion and garlic and cook until translucent, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add to the food processor along with the drained beans and parsley and pulse until well combined and chopped, but not pureed.
- Combine the mixture with the oats and red chili flakes and roll into 12 meatballs, about 2-inches in diameter.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake until firm and browned, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm the marinara sauce in a small saucepan and serve with the meatballs over spaghetti squash.
Posted To: Entree, Vegetarian