Avocado Cashew Dip
Recipe by Against All Grain
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 small avocado, peeled
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded
- 1/8 cup lime juice
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Soak the raw cashews in boiling water for 30 minutes, or room temperature water for 6 hours.
- Drain the cashews, but reserve their soaking water.
- Blend the cashews with 1/4 cup of the water until you have a smooth and thick cream.
- Add a tablespoon more water at a time if it is too thick after blending.
- Puree 1 small avocado with 1/4 cup of the cashew cream, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Serve with your favorite raw veggies for a quick and easy snack!
Makes 4 servings
Posted To: Sides, Sauces