Recipes that are all gluten & dairy free
Baked Eggs with Bacon & Asparagus
Recipe by Simple Bites
- 2 pieces bacon
- 1/4 bunch asparagus
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 sprigs thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash asparagus thoroughly, as they may be gritty, and use a vegetable peeler to remove the bottom two-thirds of peel.
- Lay the bacon onto a baking sheet and place in the oven for about 8 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove pan from oven and carefully transfer the bacon to a paper towel.
- Drain off most of the bacon fat, leaving about a tablespoon in the pan.
- Add the asparagus to the same pan and shake it around gently to coat the vegetables in grease.
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer and sprinkle it with lemon zest, thyme leaves, and pepper.
- Roast asparagus for about 8 minutes or until it begins to soften.
- Remove pan from the oven and gently crack the eggs on top of the asparagus.
- Return the dish to the oven and roast another 4 to 5 minutes or until eggs have reached desired consistency.
- Return bacon to the pan. Serve.
Posted To: Breakfast