Banana Nut Porridge
Recipe by Against All Grain
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 large ripe banana
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Place the nuts in a large bowl and sprinkle the sea salt over them.
- Fill the bowl with filtered water so the nuts are covered by at least 1 inch of water.
- Cover and soak overnight.
- Drain the nuts and rinse 2 or 3 times, until the water runs clear.
- Add the drained nuts to a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Blend the nuts with the banana, coconut milk, and cinnamon until smooth.
- Put all of the porridge in a pot on the stove and heat over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve with raisins and an extra splash of milk, if desired.
Great for batch cooking! Double the recipe and store in a jar for overnight oats.
Posted To: Breakfast, Vegetarian