Recipes that are all gluten & dairy free
Braised Chicken with Mushrooms, Artichokes and Leeks
Recipe by Against All Grains
- 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 lb crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp raw, local honey
- 1 tsp coconut flour
- 1/4 can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 large leek, sliced into coins
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place a Dutch oven on the stovetop on medium heat.
- Season chicken thighs with sea salt, pepper, and paprika and brown in melted ghee.
- Set the chicken aside and add the mushrooms, garlic, and leeks into the ghee.
- Brown for a minute, then add chicken broth, vinegar, honey, and coconut flour.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, then add the chicken back to the pot along with the artichoke hearts.
- Cover and place in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut cauliflower into florets and place in a food processor.
- Pulse until a rice-like consistency is reached.
- Toss with melted ghee and spread in an even layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for the last 15 minutes that the chicken is in.
- Remove the chicken and cauliflower from the oven.
- Serve over cauliflower rice.
Posted To: Entree