Recipes that are all gluten & dairy free
Buckwheat Pasta Primavera with Ground Sausage
For the Pasta
- 2 large carrots, peeled and julienned
- 2 serving soba buckwheat noodles
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 crowns broccoli, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced and halved
- 1/2 lb. ground pork sausage (omit to make it vegan!)
For the Sauce
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt and pepper to taste
- Add coconut oil to a large skillet or wok, and preheat over medium heat.
- Sauté carrots and broccoli in pan until they change color.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and spice to your flavor preference.
- Before they cook all the way, put them to the side in a bowl.
- Add the sausage to the pan and cook thoroughly.
- Add the veggies back in, add garlic and mix together.
- Let cook all together for 2-3 minutes.
- Boil the pasta (without adding salt) for the instructed amount of time (usually 8-9 minutes).
- Once tender, strain the noodles, and immediately dump into a bowl of cold water.
- Rub the noodles with your hands to get the extra starch off, and set to the side until your mixture is ready.
- Plate the pasta and veggies, drizzle with EVOO, salt, pepper and finish with fresh herbs (basil and parsley).
Posted To: Entree