Grilled Asparagus and Portobellos with Shallot Dressing
Recipe by Gwyneth Paltrow's It's All Good Cookbook
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and finely minced
- 1 tsp brown rice vinegar
- 5 drops ume plum vinegar
- 1 tsp xylitol (optional)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tsp filtered water
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 medium portobello mushrooms
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 tsp toasted black sesame seeds
- Whisk together the shallot, vinegars, xylitol, water, sesame oil, lime juice and salt.
- Taste for seasoning and add a pinch more salt or a bit more lime if needed. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill or grill pan over medium-low heat and brush with coconut oil.
- Grill the portobellos cap side down, until soft, about 20 minutes.
- While they are grilling, steam the asparagus for 3 minutes.
- Once the mushrooms are really soft, turn the heat up to high, throw the asparagus on the grill or grill pan alongside the mushrooms, and grill until all of the vegetables are nicely marked on all sides, just about 1 minute per side.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms and asparagus and arrange them on a platter.
- Evenly drizzle the dressing, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, and serve.
Posted To: Sides, Vegetarian