Raw Carrot Falafel
Recipe by Choosing Raw Cookbook
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated carrot, squeezed firmly between paper towels to remove excess moisture
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1/4 cup fresh curly parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grind the sesame seeds and sea salt in a food processor until finely ground.
- Add the carrot, garlic, lemon, cumin, if using, and flax, along with 1⁄3 cup of water.
- Process until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the parsley to the processor and pulse to combine.
- Shape the mixture into twelve small patties.
- Bake the falafel for 15 minutes.
- Flip and cook for another 10 minutes, or until golden brown on both sides.
- Enjoy falafel by themselves, or on top of a bowl or salad as pictured!
Posted To: Entrees, Vegetarian