Vegan Power Bowl
Recipe by Oh She Glows
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas (rinsed well)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 2 cups fresh greens
- 3 tbsp. hummus
- 1/2 sliced avocado
- Preheat oven to 400F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Spread out the chopped sweet potato on one sheet.
- Toss the potatoes in coconut oil until coated and sprinkle with sea salt.
- For the roasted chickpeas: Drain and rinse the chickpeas and then place on a towel and pat until completely dry. Transfer the chickpeas to the baking sheet and drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Rub them around with your hands until lightly coated and sprinkle with sea salt and your favorite spices. (I like to use garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, and salt.)
- Place both the sweet potato and chickpeas into the preheated oven.
- Roast for 15 minutes at 400F and then remove both.
- Flip the sweet potatoes and gently roll around the chickpeas.
- Place back in the oven for another 15 minutes or so, watching closely during the last 5 minutes.
- When the chickpeas are golden and the sweet potatoes are lightly browned on the bottom and fork tender, they are ready to come out.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa while the roasting is going on.
- In a fine mesh sieve, rinse the quinoa and then place in a medium pot.
- Add in 1.5 cups of water and stir.
- Bring the mixture to a low boil and then reduce the heat to low/medium and cover with lid.
- Simmer, covered, for about 14-17 minutes (you can check after 13 minutes), until all of the water is absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy.
- Remove from heat and leave the lid on to steam for another 5-10 minutes or longer if needed.
- Assemble the bowl: Add a couple handfuls of greens into a large shallow bowl. When the roasted veggies and chickpeas are done, allow the chickpeas to cool for 5 minutes and then add them on the salad followed by the sliced avocado, hummus, shredded veggies.
- Serve immediately and enjoy! You can use dressing on top if you would like.
Posted To: Entrees, Vegetarian