Warm Winter Salad
Recipe by Deliciously Ella
- 4 small eggplants
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 bags organic spinach
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 1 small lime (juiced)
- 3 1/4 cups sun dried tomatoes
- 3/4 cup pine nuts
- sea salt 1 tsp
- pepper 1 tsp
- olive oil 1 tbsp
- coconut oil 1 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Slice the eggplant into strips that are 1/4 inch thick.
- Place the strips on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, the dried herbs, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Before the eggplant is almost done, place the spinach in a pan with a little coconut oil, salt and pepper and allow it to wilt.
- Once wilted, add the tahini, lime juice and sun dried tomatoes. In a separate pan, toast the pine nuts for a minute or 2, being sure not to let them burn- they don't need any oil to cook because they contain enough of their own.
- Add the eggplant and the pine nuts to the spinach pan and mix well before serving.
- Roast some chickpeas to add on top!
Posted To: Entrees, Sides, Vegetarian