Zucchini Noodles with Cashew Cream Sauce
Recipe by Planks, Love and Guacamole
- 8 cups spiralized zucchini noodles
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup filtered water or unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, torn (plus extra for garnish)
- 1/4 cup cashews, crushed (plus extra for garnish)
- 2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Combine cashew butter, water, rice wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, granulated garlic and salt in a small sauce pan and heat on low to combine and make a sauce.
- While that is warming, sautée your zucchini noodles and green onions in oil.
- Add cilantro and chopped cashews to zucchini noodles and sautée for 1-2 minutes.
- When the noodles are cooked, add sauce to the pan and mix to combine OR portion individually, and dollop sauce on top.
- Garnish with chopped cashews and fresh cilantro.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.
Posted To: Entree, Sides, Vegetarian